Michiana Business Support
1. By-laws are subject to change by a majority vote of members.
2. Only 1 (one) person per each classification.
a. However, in an effort to build membership we may invite individuals who share a classification, but can specialize and/or focus in one area that the other may not offer. (For example, Assisted Living Classification is currently occupied, but if an individual has an Assisted Living but also offers Independent Living, that new individual may be allowed to join, but only discuss the option that the original member does not offer.)
b. The original member of MBS must be approached and talked to prior to inviting any potential new member that may share a similar classification.
3. Members may change their classification once per year unless they change jobs.
4. Members must attend weekly meetings. If unable to attend, the member is encouraged to send a substitute. The member may also call the President, Vice President or Treasurer for an excused absence.
a. Members will only be allowed 3 (three) unexcused absences in a 6 (six) month term (April through September and October through March).
b. If a member has more than 3 (three) unexcused absences in a 6 (six) month period, then they will be asked to meet with the review committee to discuss the reason for their absences.
c. Additionally, if there is continued absence then the Review Committee will have the ability to open that category back up for a new member.
d. A leave of absence, of up to 6 (six) weeks, may be granted by a request to the review committee.
5. The weekly meetings last 90 (ninety) minutes. Members are asked to arrive on time and to stay for the entire meeting. The meeting format will be as follows:
a. 7:00am – 7:30am Networking
b. 7:30am – 8:00am 60 second commercials
c. 8:00am – 8:10am Break for coffee refills, restroom breaks, etc
d. 8:10am – 8:20am 10 Minute Speaker/Presentation
e. 8:20am – 8:30am Passing Referrals, closed business slips and upcoming events/networking opportunities
6. Visitors may attend two meetings. After the second meeting, a visitor will be asked/invited to join MBS.
a. All Membership applications will be reviewed by the Review Committee for acceptance into MBS.
b. Approved applicants will be contacted by the President or Vice President to notify them of acceptance into MBS.
c. Unapproved applicants will be contacted by the President or Vice President to notify them of denial into MBS with specific reasons as to why.
7. Members will pay a membership fee of $12 (twelve) dollars per month. This will be paid in advance, once per quarter for a total of $36 (thirty-six) dollars. If a member falls 30 days delinquent, their classification may be opened.
a. A member can have more than 1 (one) classification. However, the member must pay the $12/month fee for all classifications they represent. In addition, if a new members joins with the same classification, the original member will be asked if they would like to drop that classification, prior to the new member joining.
8. Members must adhere to the sound business ethics of their profession.
a. Provide and abide by a quote.
b. Be truthful with members and their endorsements.
c. Build goodwill and trust with members and their endorsements.
d. Follow-up on the endorsements they receive.
e. Display a positive and supportive attitude. ‘